WELCOME ADDRESS DELIVERED BY MR. MARSHAL OKORO, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF MILLENNIUM AFRICA GLOBAL INITIATIVE AT THE GRADUATION OF THE SECOND BATCH OF YOUTH FREE SKILLS ACQUISITION PROGRAM AND THE CROWING OF THE NEW MR & MISS NIGER 2017 ON FRIDAY 15TH DECEMBER 2017
On behalf of the Millennium Africa Global Initiative we welcome you to the graduation of the second batch of 175 youths and women trained in different trades such as tailoring, inverter installation, Website design, Interior decoration, video coverage, photography, system engineering, programming, satellite installation.
This ceremony will also feature the crowing of the new Mr&Miss Niger 2017 . This is part of our contributions towards job creation, reduction of unemployment and eradication of poverty.
You will recall that the first batch of 215 participants were graduated after undergoing a two month skills acquisition training on 26th October 2017 in this same venue of Abdulsalam Youth center, Minna, Niger State.
This bring the total number of graduands to 390 that Millennium Africa Global Initiative has so far trained out of the 500 that we set out to train and this feat has been achieved in less than four months devoid of any Government financial support.
We are therefore using this medium to appeal to the Niger State Government, LGAs, Business Organizations and well spirited individuals to assist our organization to conclude the remaining training and to provide take off grants to the trained youths.
Your Excellencies, ladies and gentlemen the Millennium Africa Global Initiative has for more than a decade been promoting and showcasing Niger State through different programmes it has organized, hosted or participated some of which are listed as follows:
1. Representing Niger State at Abuja Carnivals
2. Organizing of Wazobia peace carnival to sensitise the youth on the need for peace in the country
3. Hosting of Workers day talk show to sensitise the civil servant on the need to partner and support the government.
4. Organizing World tourism day rally to sensitise the people on the need to invest and promote tourism
5. Organizing of Peace Rally in the three zones of Niger state as a follow up on the Wazobia Peace Carnival
6. Vocational Skills Acquisition &Training of 500 Youths
7. Organizing of Weekend Indigenous Artist Nite to promote the indigenous talented youth of Niger state
8. Hosting of Exposure Maaward 2017. This program brought together all Performing Artists and Actors in Niger state under a roof. It also recognized productivity and humanitarian service to Niger state and the Mr and Miss Niger contest, miss culture, miss tourism and face of Niger.
9. Organizing the Millennium Africa Gospel Award the bring all Christian youth in the state together under one umbrella using their God given talent to make a living.
With the above mentioned programmes and projects Millennium Africa Global Initiative has demonstrated it’s love and passion for Niger State. It is therefore time for the Niger State Government, it’s friends and other stakeholders to reciprocate by supporting, assisting, sponsoring, partnering and encouraging us morally, financially and otherwise to continue rendering of these services.